Line and Prep Cook
Mon, Jun 19th
Sat, Jul 22nd
- Line cooks & prep cooks at PRB are usually responsible for prepping ingredients, assembling dishes, cooking all items from the menu according to PRB recipes and specifications. Kitchens are usually hot, noisy and stressful places, so you'll need to be able to work efficiently and quickly to be successful as a line cook. Other duties include final plate preparation and garnishing of cooked items.
- Checklists for Opening and Closing.
- Prepare a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items in ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment according to PRB standardized recipes.
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations.
- Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 40 pounds.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time
- Must have exceptional hygiene and grooming habits.
- Reconciles food inventories and other paper work.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience: A few months to one year of related experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Active listening
to apply please email your resume to kamfoodsinc [at] gmail [dot] com
Job Order Number: