Established agricultural company in Butte Co. is looking to hire a FT Master Electrician who will provide supervisory duties to two (2) employees. Wage is negotiable based on experience; competative compensation package available.
Essential job duties:
- Plans wiring and installation of equipment and fixtures, such as motors, generators, switches, circuit breakers and fuse boxes according to blueprints, schematic drawings and sketches.
- Inspects wiring and fixtures for conformance to company specifications or local electrical codes, using test equipment such as voltmeter and ohmmeter.
- Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools and electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment, following electrical code and blueprints, using hand tools and voltage testes.
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment and connects cables and wires between machines and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, and blueprints, using hand tools and test equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures, using test equipment and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables.
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine, such as relays, switches and motors, and positions sensing devices.
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components, such as printed circuit boards using electronic test equipment and hand tools.
- Replaces electric motor bearings.
- May plan layout of wiring and install wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus in buildings.
- May diagnose and replace faulty mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic components of machines and equipment.
- Responsible for compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Food Safety Procedures.
- Responsible for compliance to Cal-OSHA and company’s Injury Illness Prevention Program, Safety Policies, Procedures and Programs.
- Knowledge of PLC programming, working hardware and trouble shooting.
- Knowledge of H.M.I. programming.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Knowledge of machinery operations.
- Skill to use a personal computer and various software packages.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
- Established and maintains permanent files.
- Must have knowledge and experience operating a Powered Industrial Truck (forklift).
- Must have basic reading, writing and math skills, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and percentages.
• Must have knowledge of rice quality factors and reasonable milling out-turns.
• Supervisory experience in a production facility preferred.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to prioritize on the spot and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Credentials and Experience:
• Minimum ten (10) years’ experience in an industrial related field.
• Certificate of related accomplishment in electrical field.
NOTE: Must maintain an Adult CPR and First Aid Certificate.
• Able to work overtime, holidays and weekends as requested by Maintenance Lead or Maintenance Supervisor.
• Able to work in typical warehouse conditions.
Candidates who are interested in being considered must have a www.caljobs.ca.gov account with an active resume upload/available within CalJOBS at the time of “apply”. If you need assistance, please call (530) 822-5120 ext. 3068.