Fri, Mar 30th
Sun, May 27th
- Responsible for the operation of the equipment and employees in department.
- Ensuring the enforcement of company policies and procedures.
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in safe, timely and cost-effective manner.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for safety, production, quality standards and troubleshoot production inefficiencies.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Provides direction, development and leadership to supervisors.
- Involved with daily troubleshooting.
- Communicate with all plant departments/locations to make sure things are running smoothly.
- Responsible for scheduling, planning and organizing work, clearly communicating goals and ensuring that all staff are familiar (and in compliance with) the appropriate standards and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally with internal and external partners and customers.
- Interprets company policies to workers.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules, using knowledge of capacities of machines and equipment.
- Recommends measurers to improve production methods, equipment performance, quality of product, suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of the department.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists in solving work problems.
- Suggest plans to the Senior Vice President to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Ensure workers are thoroughly trained and fully understand the functionality of the position.
- Recommends personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, discharges and disciplinary measures.
- Able to work in typical warehouse conditions.
- Responsible for compliance to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and Food Safety Procedures.
- Responsible for compliance to Cal-OSHA and company's Injury Illness Prevention Program, Safety Policies, Procedures and Programs. Performs other duties as required.
REQUIRED skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of machinery associated with plant operations and rice flow.
- Skill to use a personal computer, Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook and various software packages in an office type environment.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems.
- Establish and maintains permanent files.
- Must have knowledge of rice quality factors and reasonable milling out-turns.
- Supervisory experience in a production facility preferred.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize on the spot and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- This is a full-time position
- Willing to work holidays and weekends as requested by the Senior Vice President.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science degree or Bachelor of Arts degree in business or agriculture preferred.
- Prefer five (5) years experience in food processing or similar industry.
Candidiates that are interested in learning more about this position and to apply, please visist www.caljobs.ca.gov job order # 15891990.