Small Engine Mechanic
Local employer is looking to hire a FT and/or PT Small Engine Mechanic for outdoor power equipment and other small engines. This company services and repairs outdoor power equipment, such as lawnmowers, pressure washers, edge trimmers, chainsaws, garden tractors, and portable generators of various makes and models.
Essential job duties:
- Discuss equipment issues, maintenance plans, and work performed with customers
- Perform routine engine maintenance, such as lubricating parts and replacing spark plugs
- Test and inspect engines for malfunctioning parts
- Repair or replace worn, defective, or broken parts
- Reassemble and reinstall components and engines following repairs
- Keep records of inspections, test results, work performed, and parts used
- A minimum of one (1) year of work experience; small engine repair (not automotive)
- Ability to work in various weather and conditions (heat, cold, noise, etc.)
- Can stand for long periods of time; climb, bend, stoop, push, pull, lift, and lift 35+ lbs. without assistance
- Customer service skills; ability to work/interact with customers in profession manner
Candidates that are interested in being considered for this opportunity can email their resume to: steve [at] poeusa [dot] com. Resume must specify small engine experience, types of equipment, etc.