Job Summary: Grades the rice and audits the packaging integrity to assure it conforms to all customer and company specifications. This is a fast-paced, high-pressure job that requires a strong individual who will follow all procedures as provided and has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Collect samples from the line every 30 minutes. Grade rice according to USDA and company specifications
- Able to produce paddy rice appraisals, where applicable
- Able to prepare rough rice samples for state grading, where applicable
- Be aware of the different products and changes being made
- Must be alert and confident in decision on product quality
- Grading should be done quickly yet accurately in order to ensure rice stays in grade and avoid rice being placed on hold
- Must have knowledge of other department procedures and assistant when necessary
- Responsible for filling out product hold tags and communicating with QA Manager, Stretch Wrap Operator and Packaging Foreman when product goes out of specification and/or placed on hold in accordance with FSSC food safety standards
- Prepares samples retains for customers
- Ensures that the correct product is being packaged in the correct bag
- Audit bag weight, code date, bag integrity, sticker information
- Responsible for placing on hold any packages that do not meet the customer or company specifications
- Must be familiar with the different varieties of rice and have knowledge of the specifications of rice being produced
- Rotating schedule
- Follows and encourages coworkers to understand and adhere to Cal/OSHA regulations and Sun Valley Policies to work safely and efficiently
- Understands and adheres to HACCP/FSSC 22000 food safety standards
- Follows Sun Valley’s Good Manufacturing Practices
- All other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
One (1) year of grading experience required.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Industry experience preferred.
Applicants must apply directly with employer: Phone: +1 (530) 476-3000, Fax: +1 (530) 476-3002 E-Mail: info [at] sunvalleyrice [dot] com