Job Summary: The shipping clerk position verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contact trucking companies to set up rates, contracts and set up appointments for loads shipping each day.
- Meet with trucking company representatives to find out availability of equipment.
- Keep current rate sheet up to date and available on “Shared” drive.
- Track and maintain current trucking companies, contact person and rate.
- Work with customer service daily to maintain changes to loads.
- Work with loaders to ensure that the correct product is loaded into trucks correctly.
- Dispatch loads and direct traffic according to appointments to prevent delays.
- Questions and/or concerns should be brought to Finished Goods Manager or Customer Service.
- Special requirements regarding rates, shipping routes, special loads, or any other questions or concerns should be made to the Sales Department.
- Work with OMIC or State to ensure that paperwork is completed correctly.
- Work with trucking dispatchers to ensure receiving dates are met.
- Print packing lists and gather paperwork for daily loads.
- Update daily shipment board regularly.
- Type weight Certificates as needed.
- Verify the loaded truck to ensure loaded correctly and with the correct product.
- Ensure loads meet weight requirements.
- Maintain Relationships with drivers to ensure that shipping process is running smoothly.
- Audit and scan pallet tags, print Bill of Ladings for each load.
- Verify that drivers have signed correct paperwork. Distribute a copy to customer service.
- Answer incoming phone calls to shipping department and respond to voice mail as needed.
- Follows and encourages coworkers to understand and adhere to Cal/OSHA regulations and Sun Valley Policies to work safely and efficiently
- Understands and adheres to HACCP/FSSC 22000 food safety standards
- Follows Sun Valley’s Good Manufacturing Practices
- All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty adequately. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
- Time Management.
- Decision Making.
No (or minimal) travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
Preferred Education and Experience:
Industry experience preferred.
Applicants must apply directly with employer: Phone: +1 (530) 476-3000, Fax: +1 (530) 476-3002 E-Mail: info [at] sunvalleyrice [dot] com